Get Your ACT Together!
A fun, supportive 6-week ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Training) introduction programme, which will enable you to transform from whatever may be holding you back in life and to move forwards with purpose, to experience a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
- STARTING WEDNESDAY 5th MAY 2021, 18:30-20:00 (BST)
- 6 x 90-minute teaching and discussion sessions
- Recordings of all lessons
- Supportive private Facebook Group (optional)
Over the six weeks we will explore:
- Mindfulness – noticing your present moment experience with compassion and curiosity;
- Observer Self – taking a step back to observe your thoughts and feelings (also known as the transcendent self, or “self as context”);
- Acceptance – a willingness to be open to your present-moment experience, and to be aware of coping strategies you currently use to avoid or resist challenging experiences. Learning that, in order to move forwards, we also need to be willing to step outside of our comfort zone!
- Unhooking techniques – also known as “cognitive defusion”, these exercises allow us to unhook from unhelpful thought patterns which often create unhelpful beliefs that hold us back;
- Values-based living – opening to what you really want from life and aligning your life with these desires;
- Taking committed action – moving forwards in the direction of these values, which will give your life more meaning and purpose.
The teaching part of the sessions will be recorded, so if you can’t make it one week, you can catch up later. It’s helpful to commit to as many of the live sessions as you can, in order to gain maximum benefit from the programme.
Who is this for?
If you are committed to making positive changes, towards living a happier, more fulfilling, more meaningful life, within a group framework, then this is for you.
Perhaps you would like to make changes but you’re not sure where to start, or maybe life feels overwhelmingly “busy” and “stressful” and you need a new way to navigate this?
ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Training) can also be very effective at helping us to move forwards, following challenging times in our lives, at home, in the workplace and in sports.
Monday Lunchtime Mindfulness
Start your week mindfully, with a series of four Monday lunchtime mindfulness sessions as we move through May – beginning Monday 10th May, 12:30-1:00pm GMT.
Come and join with your camera on or off. Sit or lie down. Bring a blanket and a drink if you wish, and a curious mind. You can be sure of a warm welcome and a friendly group to practise mindfulness with.
Investment in yourself for 4-week block of sessions: £20.
Please message me at: email@example.com if you have any queries.